incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Incubate Apache Repo
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 22:51:37 GMT

Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> -1: Repo is an American colloquialism that is short for "Repossession",
>     which is not something you want in a distribution tool.  You need
>     to find a neutral name.

Ha, this is the second time I come up with a name that has a "second"
meaning in American. I had already decided to stop giving fancy names to
things to stop this happening, so I simply did repo-sitory->repo, but
it's still not working ;-)

Then I'd call it Ruper for now, which is the name of the initially
proposed codebase, where Ruper = resource updater.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -