incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Add 'practice' PMC structure to projects in incubation
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2003 15:00:27 GMT

Sam Ruby wrote:
> Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>> Jakarta got into a weird state
>> wherein committer == voter and commit-access was given out like candy,
>> thus leading to the notion that committers run ASF projects.  I don't
>> believe it is appropriate to link voting with cvs access.
> P.S.  Can somebody explain to me why a number of core members of the
> HTTPD community feel so threatened by the non-HTTPD PMCS (generally
> lumped into the generic category of "Jakarta") that they feel the need
> to bash it at every opporunity?  It gets tiresome.

I don't see the bashing you are talking about in these comments, but I
tool sometimes feel some diffidence from either side, which is normal
given the lack of discussion about these issues between the communities
in these years.

Some very interesting, balanced and fruitful discussion is going on here
between members of projects all over Apache. Finally we are all
discussing on these things and getting somewhere, and I'm positive that
things will soon change. :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -