incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Approval for Lenya Release
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 20:57:41 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Steven Noels wrote:
>
>>Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

[ context not fully acquired ]

s/Lenya/Geronimo/

> As you know, we are discussing some options related to this topic.  One
> would be that for a given subproject, we would have
> $subproject-pmc@incubator.apache.org, where the members of that list consist
> of the Incubator PMC, the subproject's committers, and (if there is one) the
> PMC for the destination TLP.  So in the case of Lenya, that would mean the
> Incubator PMC, the Cocoon PMC and the lenya committers.

+1 for something where a subproject's committers can discuss things.

Events over the last week have shown a need for private discussion, but
by keeping this in the Incubator PMC you risk eliminating/alienating the
subproject's committers.

> That doesn't require all Lenya committers to be on the Incubator PMC, keeps
> the Cocoon PMC involved, and provides direct oversight from the Incubator
> PMC.  The decisions are made in one place at one time, rather than spread
> out over time and project and people.

This also allows the committers of subproject without a destination TLP
to become intimately familiar with how a PMC operates, its duties and
responsibilities. Without this the community will struggle to acquire
the knowledge needed to stand alone.

--
Jeremy