incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: incubator/site/projects/geronimo index.xml
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:15:28 GMT

fielding@apache.org wrote:

> fielding    2003/11/10 18:22:27
>
>   Modified:    site/projects index.xml
>                site/projects/geronimo index.xml
>   Log:
>   projects need a directory to place stuff on their website

I have explicitly moved the status files in the projects/ dir so that
they don't interfere with the websites that projects publish from their
CVS contents.

In this case IMHO the index page should simply reside in their CVS
module and the proposal should be included in the single status document.

But yes, we have to see where to put extra docs that are needed for
incubation, like Geronimo has shown. I had thought that a single status
file would have sufficed but it's not the case.

Hence I'd go with this layout if nobody objects.

    incubator/
        status/
           index.xml
           geronimo.cwiki
           projectX.cwiki
           geronimo/
             eventual extra stuff
           projectX/
             eventual extra stuff
        projects/
           geronimo/ (project site, use their CVS preferably)
           projectX/ (project site, use their CVS preferably)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -