incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Possible Incubation] Apache Repo
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2003 05:35:34 GMT

Jason van Zyl wrote:

>On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 23:18, Stephen McConnell wrote:
>

>>Jason van Zyl wrote:
>>

>>>I have challenged you to give me a scenerio that I can't satisfy with
>>>something like the current Maven repository. Instead you drone on ad
>>>nauseum about the theoretical. Let's have a concrete example.
>>>

>>Jason:
>>
>>Look around you - take a look at things you involved with.  I've already
>>provided you with examples where the simplistic http over a maven style
>>file system layout breaks.
>>

>Which one's were those so we can record them here?

Jason:

I must confess that I am intrigued by your approach to collaboration!

Following your assertion that I am droning on ad nauseum about the
theoretical - combined with your follow-up with a request for specifics,
I am obliged to conlude that your post concerning nauseum was simply an
incorrect assertion on you part, or, your post is intended to establish
an entry in a drone catalogue for the benefit of other like minded
persons.

While I appreciate that you are very busy working on initiative outside
the scope and control of the ASF - I would *really* appreciate your
guidance on this subject.  Did you simply make a mistake, or are you
intentions to propergate that mistake?

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell