incubator-general mailing list archives

From peter royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Possible Incubation] Apache Repo
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 17:01:50 GMT
On Nov 7, 2003, at 11:29 AM, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> The developers of Ruper in the meantime have become Apache committers
> (two for Gump and one is coming in with JUDDI). The issue here is that
> Maven already has some code for this, and
> http://greebo.sourceforge.net/ is partecipating too.
>
> If you want to call it "Incubating Ruper and have others join" it's ok
> for me, as my initial idea is to use Ruper as a starting codebase, and
> have others add stuff, but I didn't want to make this a prerequisite
> for a Repo project.

The initial email wasn't clear about what codebases would be part of
this initiative.

So if Ruper is the codebase that would be attached, the initiative
should be re-titled as you suggest.

This really smells like an extension and abstraction of what Maven
provides and initiated. Why not do this effort under their umbrella?
-pete