incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Brian. W. Fitzpatrick" <f...@red-bean.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Official Name for "Geronimo" Project
Date Sat, 29 Nov 2003 18:47:46 GMT
On Sat, 2003-11-29 at 12:36, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> So the ASF has actually received messages from Apache indians that are
> offended by the use of the name Apache?

I don't know... take it up with the board.  I do, however, know that
using Native American/American Indian names for just about anything is a
hotbed of controversy.

I'm not going to go tit-for-tat with you about the Apache feather and
every other little detail of the ASF brand here--I don't have time for
that.  I've voted -1 and said my piece here.

-Fitz