incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@maven.org>
Subject RE: Generated sites
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 00:11:56 GMT
On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 18:30, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > Why are sites being forced to check in generated sites?
>
> Because that is what infrastructure has asked.  The rest of your points are
> all perfectly valid.  My best understanding is summarized here:
>

> http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=geronimo-dev@incubator.a
> pache.org&msgNo=5207
>
> But this really is an infrastructure issue, since that is from where the
> request comes.  There are people, like Stefano, working to change the site
> publication system.  I'm sure that your participation would be welcomed.

Why do we need grand site publications schemes? Geronimo is using Maven
and it's trivial to site:deploy. Why is it strictly the duty of
infrastructure to restore the site in the case of disaster? I'm sure
someone from a project would gladly work with infrastructure to restore
their site in case of a problem. Why does there need to be these grand
schemes for infrastructure and site publication?

The people in the specific projects have the knowledge about their site
publication mechanisms and in cooperation with people from
infrastructure I guarantee you a site would go quickly in the event
something tanked.

> 	-- Noel

jvz.

Jason van Zyl