incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@maven.org>
Subject Re: [Possible Incubation] Apache Repo
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2003 06:36:31 GMT
On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 01:08, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Jason van Zyl wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 00:35, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> >

> >>Jason:
> >>
> >>I must confess that I am intrigued by your approach to collaboration!
> >>

> >That's because you're at least as deficient as I am in the realm of
> >collaboration. Neither you or I are any great shining examples of an
> >ideal collaborator. You'll have to bear with me while I try to make
> >ammends. I will try to bear with you.
> >

> Oh really - take a break Jason!
> You idea of collaboration is very clear:
> http://lists.codehaus.org/pipermail/plexus-dev/2003q3/000003.html

How does Plexus staying at Codehaus have any bearing on the notion of my
collaboration? It is definitely an example of not wanting much to do
with Avalon. It is indeed an example of me not wanting to collaborate
with Avalon if that's what you're driving at but it's not evidence that
shows I can't collaborate. Collaboration on the on notion of containers
is quite healthy, vibrant and diverse at Codehaus which is why Plexus
will stay there.

> My idea of collaboration is something *totally* different.

It sure can be once you get rid of anyone who doesn't agree with you.

Anyone can go look in the Avalon Dev archives and see for themselves the
examples of your collaborative efforts. Discussion between yourself and
various members of Avalon, present and past, were far from amicable and
quite the antithesis of a true collaborative effort.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com