incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <>
Subject Re: [Possible Incubation] Apache Repo
Date Sat, 08 Nov 2003 22:22:29 GMT
> So if I understand this correctly the discussions on repository@apache
> should now be conducted on infrastructure where we are talking about
> the
> physical layout of the repository in a file system that is accessible
> via http.

It is my understanding that repository is a topic-specific mailing list
on behalf of infrastructure.  I haven't looked at the mail, though I
that is why it was created.

> While software that may operate on this physical structure is a matter
> for the various projects whether it be existing code in places like
> Ant/Maven or new code that is brought to the incubator?

Right.  Naturally, it doesn't do us any good to provide a repository
that simply won't work with the tools that are supposed to use it, so
it is a feedback loop by nature.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message