incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <>
Subject Re: [Possible Incubation] Apache Repo
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 18:15:18 GMT
> > This really smells like an extension and abstraction of what Maven
> > provides and initiated. Why not do this effort under their umbrella?

I believe the repository (or plural) needs artefacts beyond what Java
projects provide. I believe it was intended to contain all apache content,
and not just Maven built artefacts. Maven's is a nice tight use case, and
very valuable for that, but it is only one.

Ant is another possible umbrella, and perhaps one with better coverage. At
the end of the day the commonality is the repository, the specification, and
tools for manipulating content. I believe this is sufficiently important to
the whole community to warrant it's own project.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message