incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject How to manage change in the Incubator rules
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:08:31 GMT

The new website is up, and we have a new set of docs about how to do
incubation. They are labeled as draft, but in rality they are more real
and used than ever. They are clearly not draft AFAIS.

Apache projects usually make releases, and have deliverables. The code
they put in is managed through lazy consensus and voting only when it's
deemed to be required or requested.

Incubator releases are basically Incubated Projects' release to the
Sponsor PMC. So I gather that how incubation is done is our "code".

Hence I would not see the need to "ratify" such rules as has been
suggested if there seems to be consensus, as it's much easier to manage IMO.

Because of this, I would suggest that we remove the "draft" status on
our policy docs and simply use them as our guide, that will change in
need without having to go through tedious votes when there is good
consensus.

Objections?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -