incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [FYI] Building the website
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:04:03 GMT

Since there have been complaints about how the site is generated qith
Forrest, I have made changes to the site layout, that I have outlined in
previous mails, and to Forrest itself. So to generate the website one
needs to get CVS forrest and install that.

What I suggest for editors is that for now they can edit the pages
without generating the site, and just validate the xml with a validating
editor before committing. For the wiki pages it's plain text, so it's
easier. I will take care of doing builds, fixing eventual errors and
updating the site for now, till the Forrestbot is not setup.

In any case, if someone wants to check the look of the pages, do this:

  get or update xml-forrest from CVS
  run the build script
  set FORREST_HOME to point to the build/dist/shbat
  add build/dist/shbat/bin to the PATH

  get or update "incubator"  from CVS
  cd into the local "incubator" CVS dir
  execute "forrest run"
  point the browser to http://localhost:8888/ to see the site
  edit the docs *in place* and see changes in teh browser by reloading
   the page

             - verba volant, scripta manent -