incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Proposal: Sponsor becomes Mentor
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:53:14 GMT

The name "Sponsoring Entity" is wierd, and the more I think of it, the
more it seems artificial.

What we need is something that sponsors the project, and will accept it,
and someone that mentors the project, which are 2 concepts, not 3 as now.

Hence I propose that we have:

  - Sponsor: the Apache entity (PMC) that sponsors the project
             and that will recieve it upon succesfull incuabtion.
  - Mentor:  the Apache member or Sponsor PMC member that will
             assist in incubation. He will become part of the
             Incubator PMC.

In this way we ensure that the currently defined Sponsor follows the
project and that the Mentor is always pre-proposed by the candidate (so
we don't need go hinting for it).

What do you think?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -