incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New proposed incubator CVS layout
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2003 10:41:58 GMT
Berin Lautenbach wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> I noticed in the new version that Drafts now takes a reader to the Wiki,
> and there is a "Final Drafts" subsection of the main incubation pages.
>
> Is this giving the Wiki pages a more official status than previously?

Nope, I just prefer to say "drafts" than "wiki" as it describes what it
contains rather than how it's written.

> kind of like the idea of a Drafts section, where documents close to
> completion go, with maybe a cover page that discusses the reason for the
> drafts section and points to the Wiki with a clear statement that this
> is where absolute first cuts get created.

On my HD I have renamed "Final Drafts" as "Incubation RFC" (Request for
Comment), as they are something that we are building upon.

If "drafts" is a too strong term we can use another one, the important
thing is that it describes that there we have docs that are not endorsed
in any way.

> I also noted when I looked that the status section talks about a
> Sponsor.  Should we talk about both the Sponsor and the Sponsoring
> Entity (to keep the terminology in line with documentation)?

We have to redo all project status sections. Any idea about how to show
a project incubation status better?

> Having said that, I like the layout (but then I already know Forrest, so
> I like it from that perspective too :>).

:-)

I'll commit later today the newest layout so we can finally move there
the site and start working on it together.

In the meantime is anyone can post examples of how we can make project
incubation status pages, one page per project, it would be really great.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -