incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] fold incubator-site into incubator CVS ( Re: Posting and tracking project tasks )
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2003 07:45:19 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
<snipped why issue trackers are better/>

> These all contribute to why I suggest that issue tracking is better done
> with an issue tracker.  So although I had not mentioned the STATUS file in
> this context, I had given it thought.  I'm interested in your response, and
> those of others, to this assessment.

What I need is that a secure document about what has been done in the
project is kept in CVS. If that document is used actively as a means to
track issues is not important.

So if a mentor wants to use an issue tracker to help keep track of
issues it's just fine, as long as the information in CVS is updated
every once in a while. When the Incubator will vote the project out, it
will be based on the contents of that file.

Since there seems to be agreement that we should have some sort of
Mentor reporting to the PMC, it would be easy for Mentors to update the
STATUS file at every report.

Does this sound reasonable?

> As for the titular topic, I have no problem with the two modules merging.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -