incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] fold incubator-site into incubator CVS ( Re: Posting and tracking project tasks )
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2003 08:12:16 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> To a certain extent, the incubator is evolving, too.  If evolving procedures
> that are not being disseminated, that's one problem.
>
> I propose that a good way to address this situation will be to make active
> use of the new JIRA install, Serge and I have scheduled for next Thursday.

IMO it will just obfuscate tasks more. What we need is more simplicity,
not complexity. IMO just keeping STATUS files in the Incubator is simple
enough.

The issue is more about visibility. We have created an incubator CVS and
an incubator-site CVS, but the incubator is only the site, and will
always be like this.

Therefore I propose that we move the STATUS files of incubator CVS into
incubator-site, so that they will be included in the website, then kill
off incubator and rename incubator-site to incubator.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -