incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mentor vs. Shepherd
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2003 08:06:34 GMT
Berin Lautenbach wrote:
> Nicola and others,
>
> I note in the DraftPolicy document you have done a s/shepherd/mentor/g.
>
> Is this our final call on the title for these people?  I.e. should I
> make the same change to the Process Description?

As I wrote in the commit doc, I regard Mentor as more a counselor, and
Shepherd as a a guide. Hence I think that Mentor is both more
appropriate for the name and more understandable.
(KenC seems to prefer it too IIRC)

My take: leave Mentor, and take a quick poll in case others really won't
take it.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -