incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: Disclaimer text for incubated projects
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 12:19:50 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:

> To what document do I need to add rule that says "a project ABSOLUTELY
> MUST make clear that it is under incubation?"

If we kept all incubated projects under the incubator it would have been
clear enough.

> We've already been through
> this process where incubated projects are not being clear about their
> status; that needs to be captured and retained for ALL incubated projects.

Proposal: if we still don't want to make incubator-xxx repositories for
these files, I would still suggest that:

   1 - the websites are placed in
   2 - these projects have as project logo the Incubator Logo
   3 - They all have as a bottom line disclaimer a note that the project
       is in incubation

Greg, if you want to be more sure that it's done, IMO we need to be a
bit more normnative and say *exactly* what is needed to have.

I think the above proposal is reasonable, as it minimizes the
infrastructure changes when the project is out of incubation (basically
0) and keeps the project clearly in incubation.

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: