incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Disclaimer text for incubated projects
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 12:19:50 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:

> To what document do I need to add rule that says "a project ABSOLUTELY
> MUST make clear that it is under incubation?"

If we kept all incubated projects under the incubator it would have been
clear enough.

> We've already been through
> this process where incubated projects are not being clear about their
> status; that needs to be captured and retained for ALL incubated projects.

Proposal: if we still don't want to make incubator-xxx repositories for
these files, I would still suggest that:

   1 - the websites are placed in
       incubator.apache.org/projects/subproject
   2 - these projects have as project logo the Incubator Logo
   3 - They all have as a bottom line disclaimer a note that the project
       is in incubation

Greg, if you want to be more sure that it's done, IMO we need to be a
bit more normnative and say *exactly* what is needed to have.

I think the above proposal is reasonable, as it minimizes the
infrastructure changes when the project is out of incubation (basically
0) and keeps the project clearly in incubation.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -