incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Request for Guidance
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 14:06:54 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Berin Lautenbach wrote:
>
>>In particular, I'm going to
>>
>>- put the IncubatorMussings document onto incubator as the overall
>>process description.
>

> um, would you mind taking one more poll first before it becomes
> 'official' policy (since that's what being on the web site means)

Not necessarily. Put it in the website CVS linking it from the drafts
section and add a <warning> part on top so that it's clear that it's a WIP.

?
> i know i didn't examine it too closely because a) it seemed to be
> in heavy flux, and b) i was concerned i might have a lot of objections
> to some aspects and dealing with opposing views can get dicey in
> a wiki.  i'd like to take the time to actually 'take it in' first,
> if you don't mind..

If we see the diffs from CVS it will be easier to discuss for us too.
I'm definately +1 for moving it to the site CVS given the above points.

In any case, Berin, you can use the *.cwiki format for that file, so
it's easier to understand the diffs (actually all normative docs should
be like that IMHO because of this).

Example: http://xml.apache.org/forrest/wiki-sample.html

Also we can use the faq DTD for faqs and the howto DTD for howtos.

> (but go ahead if you *do* mind, since i certainly
> should have done this before now. :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -