incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Common naming accross policy/process/roles
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2003 22:54:13 GMT
Berin,

> Champion (was Sponsor) - the Apache Member (or member of a Sponsoring
> PMC) who champions a new candidate prior to being accepted by a Sponsor.
>
> Sponsor (was Sponsoring Entity) - the PMC or Board that accepts a
> candidate for incubation.
>
> Mentor (was Shepherd) - the responsible Apache Member who works with a
> podling to see it through the incubation process.

Remind me, please.  With respect to Sponsor, why not just say that the
Sponsor is either a Member or a PMC (via the PMC Chair or a Member who is a
PMC member)?  If a PMC is bringing a project for incubation, it would be the
Sponsor.  If a Member is sponsoring a project, the Member is the Sponsor.
Remember that there need not be a known destination for the graduating
project.  The Mentor/Shephard is a person, a member of the Incubator PMC,
who will accepts the responsibility of guiding the project.

	--- Noel