incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject Posting and tracking project tasks
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 23:00:54 GMT
To a certain extent, the incubator is evolving, too.  If evolving procedures
that are not being disseminated, that's one problem.

I propose that a good way to address this situation will be to make active
use of the new JIRA install, Serge and I have scheduled for next Thursday.
I was just discussing JIRA with Serge Knystautas, and it is possible to set
up reports so that if there is a mandated activity, such as correcting a
license, that report can be sent DAILY, whereas normal bug reports would be
sent weekly.  Whenever there is a work item required BY or FOR a project,
under incubation or otherwise, it ought to be entered into the system.

This puts even more emphasis on data reliability.  Pier is working on a
backup server for nagoya.  Once that is in place, I can setup replication
through an ssh tunnel so that the backup server has real-time replication of
the database on nagoya.  We can also do nightly XML exports from Jira and/or
just database dumps from mysql.

	--- Noel