incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <>
Subject RE: Status of Pluto?
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 06:34:06 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:
> I'll answer that as best I can.  Those that wish to follow along, may
> wish to refer to
> Entry:
> * A group external to the foundation (IBM) wants to donate
>    an existing code base to the Foundation.  Additionally ,an
>    existing (sub)project (Jakarta/Jetspeed) wants to incorporate
>    this codebase and buid a community around it.
> Process:
> 1. All software in this codebase has had its copyright assigned to
>     the ASF.  The secretary of the ASF has acknowledged receipt of
>     this copyright assignment.
> 2. All software in this codebase is now licensed under the Apache
>     license.  This license is present in every source file in cvs.
> * All contributors have faxed in Contributor License Agreements.
>    The secretary has acknowledged receipt of these agreements.
> * The community has adopted the Apache voting rules and is otherwise
>    following the Apache guidelines
> * The community is incorporated within the existing jakarta and
>    jetspeed 'steering committees'.
> * The exit strategy for the podling has been defined as jakarta-pluto.
>    1. The Jakarta PMC has voted to accept this conditional upon
>       successful incubation.
>    2. Time frame: TBD
>    3. Graduation requirements: TBD
> As to the two TBD's above, these depend on the definition of the
> incubation phases...
Thanks for the info, Sam.

I asked this mainly because of the wiki entry
where some people showed there interest in Pluto (or in the
proposal) and most of them are not aware of the current state.
And I was just wondering why this is the case.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message