incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mentor vs. Shepherd
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2003 02:46:21 GMT
> The ASF loves the Greek Myth :-) Mentor was Odysseus's good teacher and
> mental supporter. I prefer Mentor to Shepherd.

Er, the ASF rarely speaks with one voice -- Stefano loves the Greek
Myth,
and the rest of us just tolerate it because we like Stefano.  ;-)

Personally, I prefer Shepherd, since occasionally you have to take a
stick to the little bastards, or send the dogs to bring in a stray.

Anyway, my ultimate preference is the same as whatever person is willing
to learn how to update our silly site, or just delete the damn thing
and move the content over the www.apache.org/dev where I can edit it
myself.

....Roy