incubator-general mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <>
Subject RE: First Non-CVS snapshot of JaxMe
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:59:43 GMT

This sounds like a good idea.

I would encourage you to have some good basic documentation on how to use JaxMe, which will
increase the possibility of attracting new users.  Also I would try to set expectations of
functionality - what works, what doesn't yet - to give users an insight in to how functional
it is.

Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development

-----Original Message-----
From: Jochen Wiedmann []
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2003 7:07 AM
Subject: First Non-CVS snapshot of JaxMe

I would like to propose a first public snapshot of JaxMe. The most
important reasons for such a snapshot is to allow users of JaxMe 1
( hosted) to migrate to the package as
soon as possible and to attract users, which do not like working
from CVS that much.

Steps I did so far:

- Added a "version" property to build.xml. Suggested version would
   be 0.2, in order to follow the triple versioning schema, which
   suggests that 0.2.1, 0.2.2, ... would be patchlevels.
- Added a "dist" target. This creates two files:

AFAIK a formal vote ought to take place on the jaxme-dev mailing
list, which I have not yet placed in order to clarify additional

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: