incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: status of FTP Server project
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:02:28 GMT

HAVALDR@Nationwide.com wrote:

>Thanks.
>
>I need to be able to use the FTPServer within my process (for junit-based
>testing purposes). Is there a way I can do that ?

Here is an example [1] of a junit-based test that includes an embedded
container.  The test code that pulls in named services and does what it
wants. Working examples are available for the test cases, and if you
post a note over on Avalon - someone there has a working ftp server
block descriptor.

Cheers, Steve.

[1] junit test-case using embedded container
http://avalon.apache.org/merlin/starting/advanced/unit/index.html

>>>From reading the Phoenix docs, I would have start up the Phoenix server
>with FTPServer deployed (as a block). This would be an impediment.
>
>Any pointers would help.
>
>thanks,
>raghu
>
>ps: I need to be able to ftp files (in junit tests) and do some
>verification. So,
>am exploring if I can use FTP Server as an in-memory service.
>

>Rana Bhattacharyya <rana_b@yahoo.com>
>

>10/28/2003 11:35 PM
>Please respond to general

>To:     general@incubator.apache.org
>cc:
>
>bcc:
>Subject:        Re: status of FTP Server project
>

>Hi,
> The FTP server project is very much active. The code
>base is very much stable and the doc is also available
>(may not be very exhaustive).
>
>You can check the site
>http://incubator.apache.org/projects/ftpserver/
>
>Thanks,
>Rana
>

>--- HAVALDR@Nationwide.com wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I would like to know the status of the FTP Server
>>project in terms of
>>releases, timeline, usage docs etc.
>>
>>Also, are there any other alternative open-source
>>Java-based
>>FTP Servers out there ?
>>
>>thanks,
>>raghu