incubator-general mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <P...@ThoughtWorks.net>
Subject Re: status of FTP Server project
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:29:13 GMT

>I need to be able to use the FTPServer within my process (for junit-based
>testing purposes). Is there a way I can do that ?

Yes you can (with some level of effort) instantiate Avalon components
from a normal class without a container such as Phoenix or Merlin. See a
class called "Standalone" in the source of Enterprise Object Broker at
Sourceofrge.

>>>From reading the Phoenix docs, I would have start up the Phoenix server
>with FTPServer deployed (as a block). This would be an impediment.
>
>Any pointers would help.
>
>thanks,
>raghu
>
>ps: I need to be able to ftp files (in junit tests) and do some
>verification. So,
>am exploring if I can use FTP Server as an in-memory service.

There is a jftp client at sourceforge. maybe that is what you want.

- Paul

>Rana Bhattacharyya <rana_b@yahoo.com>
>

>10/28/2003 11:35 PM
>Please respond to general

>To:     general@incubator.apache.org
>cc:
>
>bcc:
>Subject:        Re: status of FTP Server project
>

>Hi,
> The FTP server project is very much active. The code
>base is very much stable and the doc is also available
>(may not be very exhaustive).
>
>You can check the site
>http://incubator.apache.org/projects/ftpserver/
>
>Thanks,
>Rana
>

>--- HAVALDR@Nationwide.com wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I would like to know the status of the FTP Server
>>project in terms of
>>releases, timeline, usage docs etc.
>>
>>Also, are there any other alternative open-source
>>Java-based
>>FTP Servers out there ?
>>
>>thanks,
>>raghu

http://www.thoughtworks.com -> The art of heavy lifting.
Home for many Agile practicing, Open Source activists...