incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <...@ispsoft.de>
Subject Re: First Non-CVS snapshot of JaxMe
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 07:50:33 GMT

Hi, Cliff,

thanks for the reply.

Cliff Schmidt wrote:

> There's been some recent progress in formalizing some of the
> requirements to create a public release.  The Incubation Policy
> document is still somewhat under construction, but it is now linked
> from http://incubator.apache.org.  The most relevant parts are the
> "Branding" [1] and "Releases" [2] sections, which describes the file
> naming requirements (must include the word "incubating"), the
> disclaimer requirement in the README file, and getting permission
> from the incubator PMC.

Thanks, that's all sufficient, with one minor exception: If I get things
right, there have two votes to go on:

- A vote in the project being incubated on the desire to create a release.
- Assuming a positive result, another vote in the PMC that has to confirm.

Did I get the order right?

Regards,

Jochen