incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <...@ispsoft.de>
Subject First Non-CVS snapshot of JaxMe
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2003 12:06:31 GMT

Hi,

I would like to propose a first public snapshot of JaxMe. The most
important reasons for such a snapshot is to allow users of JaxMe 1
(sf.net hosted) to migrate to the org.apache.ws.jaxme package as
soon as possible and to attract users, which do not like working
from CVS that much.

Steps I did so far:

- Added a "version" property to build.xml. Suggested version would
   be 0.2, in order to follow the triple versioning schema, which
   suggests that 0.2.1, 0.2.2, ... would be patchlevels.
- Added a "dist" target. This creates two files:
      incubated-jaxme-${version}-bin.tar.gz
      incubated-jaxme-${version}-src.tar.gz

AFAIK a formal vote ought to take place on the jaxme-dev mailing
list, which I have not yet placed in order to clarify additional
requirements.

Regards,

Jochen