incubator-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject Common naming accross policy/process/roles
Date Sat, 25 Oct 2003 04:49:39 GMT
Peoples,

In line with what I have seen in the last couple of weeks on preferred
terms I have updated the Policy/Process and Roles and Responsibilities
documents so that we have :

Champion (was Sponsor) - the Apache Member (or member of a Sponsoring
PMC) who champions a new candidate prior to being accepted by a Sponsor.

Sponsor (was Sponsoring Entity) - the PMC or Board that accepts a
candidate for incubation.

Mentor (was Shepherd) - the responsible Apache Member who works with a
podling to see it through the incubation process.

As an aside - am getting an error :

Cannot open /home/cvs/CVSROOT/commitlogs/incubator: Permission denied

I suspect it's because I am not a member of the incubator group, but
before I go to infrastructure@, I'm not sure whether I should be a member?

Cheers,
	Berin