incubator-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject Re: New proposed incubator CVS layout
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2003 01:27:14 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Here is the layout I am now working on:
>
>  - build/      (the built site)
>  - site/       (the site docs)
>  - resources/  (forms,project logos,etc)
>
> In the root we will have:
>
>   skinconf.xml       (needed for forrest)
>   forrest.properties (needed for forrest)
>   status.xml         (the incubator project status)
>   README.txt         (that explains the structure and how to build
>                       the site)
>
> The site would be divided like this:
>
>     - incubation/ (docs on teh incubation process)
>     - learn/      (learn about Apache)
>     - projects/   (incubation status of projects
>                   *one* file per project)
>         /success/ (projects that have exited positivly)
>         /failure/ (projects that have not made it out of incubation)
>
> Does this sound good?

I noticed in the new version that Drafts now takes a reader to the Wiki,
and there is a "Final Drafts" subsection of the main incubation pages.

Is this giving the Wiki pages a more official status than previously?  I
kind of like the idea of a Drafts section, where documents close to
completion go, with maybe a cover page that discusses the reason for the
drafts section and points to the Wiki with a clear statement that this
is where absolute first cuts get created.

I also noted when I looked that the status section talks about a
Sponsor.  Should we talk about both the Sponsor and the Sponsoring
Entity (to keep the terminology in line with documentation)?

Having said that, I like the layout (but then I already know Forrest, so
I like it from that perspective too :>).

Cheers,
	Berin