incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: incubation disclaimer and infrastructural reshuffle
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2003 14:22:51 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:

> I would go further.  Essentially, a release by a podling would require
> a vote by the incubator PMC to do so.

a release by *any* project requires its supervising PMC to vote
it through. Since for podlings, the supervising PMC is by definition
the incubator PMC, you're not going anywhere spectacular :D

- LSD

Roy wrote recently:

> Ok - going with Apache tradition - its not the PMC that makes the
> decision of a *release*.

BZZZT.  According to the bylaws, the only people authorized to make
decisions
on behalf of the ASF (including the decision to release code to the general
public) are officers or the PMC responsible for the project.  All other
votes are to be ignored or considered advisory only, and no I don't care
how long some of our umbrella projects have been ignoring that fact.

....Roy