incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Disclaimer text for incubated projects
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2003 12:44:56 GMT

Berin Lautenbach wrote:

> <i><project name> is an effort undergoing incubation at the Apache
> Software Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the <name of sponsoring
> entity>.  Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until
> a further review indicates that the infrastructure, communications,
> and decision making process have stabilized in a manner consistent
> with other successful ASF projects. While incubation status is not
> necessarily a reflection of the completeness or stability of the code,
> it does indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by the
> ASF.</i>

Berin:

I have a problem with the last sentence in the above paragraph as it
implies a association between the incubator and project code completness
and/or stability.  Here is a suggested replacement that eliminates the
concern:

<i><project name> is an effort undergoing incubation at the Apache
Software Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the <name of sponsoring entity>.
 Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a further
review indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision
making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other
successful ASF projects. As such, the project has not been formally
endorsed by the ASF.</i>

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell