incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Status of Pluto?
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 19:57:06 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just found out by chance that a cvs repository and a web site
> for Pluto at Jakarta exist.
>
> Can someone expand on the current status?
> What are the next steps?
>
> [1] Proposal
> http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?PlutoProposal
> [2] Pluto Website
> http://jakarta.apache.org/pluto/
>
> Carsten

I'll answer that as best I can.  Those that wish to follow along, may
wish to refer to http://incubator.apache.org/process.html.

Entry:

* A group external to the foundation (IBM) wants to donate
   an existing code base to the Foundation.  Additionally ,an
   existing (sub)project (Jakarta/Jetspeed) wants to incorporate
   this codebase and buid a community around it.

Process:

1. All software in this codebase has had its copyright assigned to
    the ASF.  The secretary of the ASF has acknowledged receipt of
    this copyright assignment.

2. All software in this codebase is now licensed under the Apache
    license.  This license is present in every source file in cvs.

* All contributors have faxed in Contributor License Agreements.
   The secretary has acknowledged receipt of these agreements.

* The community has adopted the Apache voting rules and is otherwise
   following the Apache guidelines

* The community is incorporated within the existing jakarta and
   jetspeed 'steering committees'.

* The exit strategy for the podling has been defined as jakarta-pluto.

   1. The Jakarta PMC has voted to accept this conditional upon
      successful incubation.
   2. Time frame: TBD
   3. Graduation requirements: TBD

As to the two TBD's above, these depend on the definition of the
incubation phases...

- Sam Ruby