incubator-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject Re: Request for Guidance
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:40:27 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> my first reaction is: please be patient.  people don't function on
> internet time, and most of us (including you) have other demands on
> our time.  so poke and prod all you like to keep things moving, but
> don't anticipate instant responses -- or even cogent ones within
> 24 hours.  :-)

More than fair.  I am not so egomaniacal as to expect people respond
quickly and in detail to everything I write :>.  The problem is more of
making sure I'm not driving things down a path that people are not
comfortable with.

So given Roy just gave me karma for incubator and incubator-site, I'm
going to continue down my merry path.  But I'll put lots of warning onto
the list before I do anything, and people can easily veto me or change
the direction :>.

In particular, I'm going to

- put the IncubatorMussings document onto incubator as the overall
process description.  (Replacing
http://incubator.apache.org/process.html - will make sure I work
anything that is currently in the process.html document into the new
version).

- Keep working on the policy document on Wiki until it's OK as a first
cut and then ask the list to look.  After that I will put into the
incubator CVS module.

Cheers,
	Berin