incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@apache.org>
Subject Re: incubation requirements for axion at apache db?
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 00:11:47 GMT
> Assuming the Apache DB PMC approves Axion as a new subproject:
>
> 1) Other than the attribution of copyright to the ASF, the switch to
> the
> ASL, and the submission of a signed CLA for those that haven't already
> done so, what specfic criteria/goals need to be met in order to
> succesfully complete incubation?  I.e., how do we know when it is time
> call for a vote on "graduation"?

You can call a vote for it at any time after it enters incubation,
but I suggest you avoid doing so until the questions in STATUS are
answered.

The vote will pass when the people responsible for incubation are
reasonably satisfied that the task is complete and recorded for
posterity.  The rate at which that happens is largely determined
by the willingness of the new project volunteers and/or mentor to
update the documents that record the podling's progress.

> 2) What timeframe can we expect this to happen in?

There is no timeframe.  Some take longer than others; some are ready
before they even begin; and some never manage to begin.

....Roy