incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Proposal: Sponsor becomes Mentor
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:06:08 GMT
On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 06:53:14PM +0200, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Hence I propose that we have:
>
>   - Sponsor: the Apache entity (PMC) that sponsors the project
>              and that will recieve it upon succesfull incuabtion.
>   - Mentor:  the Apache member or Sponsor PMC member that will
>              assist in incubation. He will become part of the
>              Incubator PMC.
>
> In this way we ensure that the currently defined Sponsor follows the
> project and that the Mentor is always pre-proposed by the candidate (so
> we don't need go hinting for it).
>
> What do you think?

Sounds good to me. (with the caveat that you already took about projects
sponsored by the Board, who are (typically) going to exit into a new PMC)

Note: I'm not the Mentor for Geronimo (which I saw on your example site).
Jim Jagielski is. I participated in the launch, and particularly in terms
of the "public face" for the ASF, but I'm not tightly involved with the
project.

Cheers,
-g

--