incubator-general mailing list archives

From Rodney Waldhoff <rwaldh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: projects "in" versus "entering" versus "affiliated with" the incubator
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:09:59 GMT
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> The page is obsolete and does not reflect reality, the distinction is
> really not there.
>
> I'm finishing the new website now, please wait a few more days.
>
> In the meantime look here for more fresh info:
> http://www.apache.org/~nicolaken/whiteboard/incubator-draft-new-site/index.html
>
> These docs are more near to the real incubation process:
> http://www.apache.org/~nicolaken/whiteboard/incubator-draft-new-site/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html
> http://www.apache.org/~nicolaken/whiteboard/incubator-draft-new-site/incubation/Process_Description.html
> http://www.apache.org/~nicolaken/whiteboard/incubator-draft-new-site/incubation/Roles_and_Responsibilities.html

Thanks Nicola.  These seem to provide the level of detail I was looking
for.

I'm trying to prepare a note for dev@axion to describe in detail the
process of moving to Apache DB.  Is it safe to assume this draft site
accurately represents the current policy? (I.e., how "draft" is this?)

By the way, two suggestions on content:

* I think "partecipate" in "howtopartecipate.html" and related links and
content is meant to be "participate"

* I'd suggest the term "candidate" (as is used in
Roles_and_Responsibilities) or "project" (as in "incubating [sub]project"),
or even the term "pod", rather than the diminutive "podlet" in describing
the "entity being incubated"

- Rod <http://radio.weblogs.com/0122027/>