incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Disclaimer text for incubated projects
Date Sat, 11 Oct 2003 08:35:39 GMT
On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 11:49:01AM +0200, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> I knew that many did not want renamings to occur, being touted as
> "expensive", so I still stand behind my last proposal (that has been
> trimmed here) which seems to me like a possible "compromise":

I'll just chime in belatedly and say that if the incubated project used
Subversion, renaming is *easy*.  CVS sucks for this.

While we can do renaming of lists, etc, it's a pain (saying as one of
the four schmucks that will get stuck doing it).  I think we're willing
to do it as long as it's infrequent.  The biggest problem is that
projects want their old aliases to work for a little while.  From our
perspective, that's the really annoying part.  -- justin