incubator-general mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <tets...@apache.org>
Subject Re: technology sucks
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2003 00:20:37 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 09:02:59 +0200
Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org> wrote:

> I'm the moderator there, and I didn't see your mail.
> I apologise for missing it, it was not intentional. Sorry.

Okay, then can the config of the projects@incubator.apache.org
be changed? When? Who? How?

By the way,

I think whether "intentional" or "not-intentional" would be
a critical issue rampant in the ASF world.
I think that the "diversity" in the ASF (e.g. difference between
httpd/apr and jakarta) to a certain extent should be allowable
and acceptable in a sense. (Also, AAMOC)
However, the thing is worse, people were not willing to
pass the stories down from generation to generation by
the oral tradition. SO, the new comers can not distinguish
whether XX is "intentional" or "not-intentional".
("not-intentional" can be interpreted as
"from *ignorance* due to the lack of bequest to the others")
# ezmlm config, PMC voting rules, .... hard to figure up all.
As a result, the "different cultures" co-exist within the ASF,
without the respects to each projects. (maybe)

"A bad habit is easy to get into and hard to get rid of."

... NICE *PROVERB* ... and please take it seriously

Take care.

-- Tetsuya. (tetsuya@apache.org)