incubator-general mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <tets...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Disclaimer text for incubated projects
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 23:26:22 GMT

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 19:00:57 -0400
"Noel J. Bergman" <noel@devtech.com> wrote:

> Judging from the move we made with james, CVS was easy.  ezmlm a bit more
> involved, but our users seemed to find us easily enough when the list
> address changed from james-dev@jakarta.apache.org to
> server-dev@james.apache.org.  Moving the web site was easy.

I'd like to oppose this. (Sorry)
People (committers) left it as it was, so I guess many *newbies* would
have wander off, by complaining,
"Heck! I can not subscribe to XX project mailing list!!"
The same goes for "CVS repository", I can easily imagine. I re-wrote
something before (in June, July -- 6 months AFTER the graduations)..

I sometimes re-wrote "http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html" and
so on.

Removing the domain would be a pain.

Don't be silly, guys. it would be nice to be able to create the
eyebrowse archive, mailing list itself and cvs repository in the
intended destination. (except, the destination would be TLP,
such as geronimo)

-- Tetsuya. (tetsuya@apache.org)