incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@maven.org>
Subject Re: Request for Guidance
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 13:25:40 GMT
On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 08:40, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Berin Lautenbach wrote:
> >
> > Not only do I not mind - I'd be extremely grateful.
> > I'm trying to get as much review and agreement as
> > possible before doing anything too rash.
>
> 'k, thanks.
>
> > I just finished yesterday "Forrestising" the first
> > part of it
>
> when nicola ken first suggested doing the site in forrest,
> i was in favour.  now i think i no longer am; it doesn't
> appear to lend itself well to near-continuous updates
> and figuring out how to tweak it is a major pita -- particularly
> since some of the podlings are using it too.

How did Forrest get selected as the tool to produce the web site? Lazy
consensus? I realize that some members of PMC are from xml.apache.org
but I think something like Forrest is a bit heavy of a requirement.
Isn't it something like ~25M.

I think something like Anakia is more reasonable given it's size and
it's use for the main Apache site and Jakarta site. Do we really need a
full blown publishing system for the site?

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com