incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: gump for incubating projects?
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 06:38:31 GMT
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, robert burrell donkin <rdonkin@apache.org> wrote:

> is there anything to prevent gump builds being set up for incubating
> projects?
>
> (other than actually doing the work, of course ;)

This last one is probably the biggest obstacle, as whoever does the
work needs to be at least slightly familiar with both, the incubating
project and Gump.  I'll be happy to lend a hand where needed.

Also note that Gump can't work on Maven builds yet, so all projects
that use Maven exclusively (say, Geronimo) will need to also provide a
vanilla Ant build file in CVS.  AFAIU Maven offers a plugin to create
those and as a bonus can create a (hopefully) proper Gump descriptor
as well.  In this case most of the work has been done and all that's
needed is referencing the project in Gump's default profile, which I
offer to do (just tell me, where to look for the descriptor).

Stefan