incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question time !
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:11:26 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> Stephen McConnell wrote:
>>
>>> Why are we discussing/considering the possibility of anything other
>>> than a TLP incubation?
>> Read this [1] and you will have all the answers.
>>
>> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/resolution.html
>
> Nicola:
>
> I'll draw your attention to the first paragraph of said charter:

It says that proposing projects for TL status is *a* responsibility we
have, it does not say that we have to propose *all* incubated projects.

To fully reply to your request, I draw you attention to paragraph 5,
that has more specific wording:

" RESOLVED, that the Apache Incubator PMC is responsible for regularly
evaluating products under its purview and making the determination in
each case of whether the product should be abandoned, continue to
receive guidance and support, or proposed to the board for promotion to
full project status as part of an existing or new Foundation PMC;   "

Please RTM.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -