incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The incubator and Poland
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 07:30:24 GMT
Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> So we're yack yacking about the incubator (again).  The incubator AFAICT
> replicated a tricameral vote.  To release you must have:
> The point?  None, I just like pointing my finger childishly when someone
> does something silly (like create a tricameral voting system... pretty
> funny, spell check doesn't recognize it, though it finds bicameral)...

Tricameral vote means that three entities have to vote for the same
thing AFAIK, and this is not the case here.

The votes have different meanings, and AFAIK we need only two:

1 - someone at Apache votes to have the project come to Apache
     (a PMC or the board)
2 - the Incubator votes to spin it off after incubation

I don't see the problem here, we are talking about two *distinct*
responsibilities.

If you refer to the previous "three parties vote simultaneously", I can
only agree that it sucks big time. That's why we are opting for a system
that clearly states that the one responsible for the thing gets the say.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -