incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Exit Criteria
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:41:30 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> If a project cannot work well with the Sponsor PMC it's a failure, the
>> Incubator will not agree to make it go. It may decide to swith
>> targets, but imposing a project on non-willing PMC is simply out of
>> question.
>
> OK - good. Mind you that I don't intend this to be a critique to the
> podling, I'm rather trying to prevent what happened to Jakarta in the
> past: many disconnected subprojects under an umbrella PMC with little
> community glue in-between them.

This is not an issue for the Incubator IMO, but if ever of the board and
how it manages the PMCs with the chairs and how it pushes project policies.

Project PMCs are self-governing, and the Incubator is here only to
incubate for them only under their request.

>> It's part of judging if the Incubation is succesfull.
>>
>> For example, for Lenya I'm wondering if Cocoon is the right place for
>> them, as I've not seen much involvment. I'll wait and see, but for now
>> I would not vote for exit as there is not much integration.
>
> As a member of the Cocoon, or Incubator PMC?

Is there a difference?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -