incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Exit Criteria
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:38:39 GMT
Berin Lautenbach wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> If a project cannot work well with the Sponsor PMC it's a failure, the
>> Incubator will not agree to make it go. It may decide to swith
>> targets, but imposing a project on non-willing PMC is simply out of
>> question.
>
> Which may require a vote of the PMC in question to determine?

I don't think so. Not clear situations are failures themselves.

> Isn't it
> best to leave this part of it to the PMC in question - if we don't need
> to specify then should we?

We need to give someone, and this someone is a *single* entity, the
burden of declaring succes or failure. Since the final responsibility is
on the Incubator PMC...

I have done cross-votes for accepting projects and it has been quite a
mess. So now we just accept any project that is voted in by a PMC.

The same thing is about incubation.

If a PMC does not want a project it can technically still vote and ask
the incubator to not have it, there is no rule that can prevent that.

But it would be a case of a very dysfunctional Incubator and thus should
not have to be part of the standard process.

I think it will/*should* never occur, as the two PMCs should be kept in
contact by the shepherd, and basically have a converging view over what
is happening.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -