incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Exit Criteria
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:17:49 GMT
Berin Lautenbach wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> The sponsoring PMC asks to have that project. This means that it
>> *wants* that project and that community. Why would it change its mind?
>
> Maybe there were reservations that the PMC wanted to have covered off
> during incubation.

Practical example?

Reality shows me that *any* project at *any* time can want to change
things. So a project can decide to switch PMCs and maybe go top level.

But I cannot see why a PMC that asked for a project would reject it
after the Incubation is succesful.

> The best way to ensure that everyone is comfortable
> *may* be to have another vote.  Might be best to leave to the Sponsoring
> Entity?  (Hate that name, and have got stuck Talking In Capitals from
> writing this Horrible Document :>.)

Call it Sponsor.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -