incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Exit Criteria
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:02:43 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>>  Engagement by the XMLbeans community with the XML PMC and other ASF
>>> sub communities, particularly infrastructure@ (this reflects my
>>> personal bias that projects should pay an infrastructure "tax").
>>>   Incubator PMC has voted for graduation
>>>   XML PMC has voted for final acceptance
>>
>> Not needed. XML PMC already accepted it, we cannot have the case in
>> which the Incubator says ok, and then the XML one does not. As a
>> sponsor that has voted for incubation there is no reason why they have
>> to vote again.
>

> (nothing to do with the infrastructure tax:)
>
> Do I read you correct in saying that the receiving PMC has no chance
> anymore to declare an incubation failed, if the Incubator PMC says the
> contrary?

Exactly.

The sponsoring PMC asks to have that project. This means that it *wants*
that project and that community. Why would it change its mind?

> In that case (and I hope I'm wrong), why is the receiving PMC
> involved then?

Eh? In the same way the shepherd is, the sponsor is, etc. They are
involved in helping out and seeing that the incubated project becomes
*part* of the community.

I don't understand you... how do you se the role of the sponsoring PMC
instead?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -