incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Kannel discussion invitation
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 06:52:39 GMT
Stipe Tolj wrote:

>>no good, alas; i'll be on the road driving to another town at that point.
>>i *should* be back within a couple of hours, though. :-/
>
> Ken,
>
> please find the #kannel IRC channel log of the debate at
>
>   http://www.kannel.org/irc-sessions/
>
> from last friday and today.
>
> People have raised a couple of questions in terms how "independancy"
> of a project is impacted when moving to ASF. You you or other from the
> incubation project comment on this please.

I read both sessions (I'm not used to reading IRC logs, and not knowing
you guys it's difficult to understand).

IIUC there is a point where you question wether technical decisions are
taken by someone other than the developers. Well, it is not the case.

Technical decisions on a project are solely taken by the project
committers, using the Apache voting guidelines.
http://incubator.apache.org/drafts/voting.html

Some extra info about Apache:
http://incubator.apache.org/drafts/theapacheway.html

How to have new developers join:
http://incubator.apache.org/drafts/newcommitters.html

> Also, we'd like to make an IRC session with a couple of you Apache
> guys online, so Kannel developer's can directly ask. How should we
> proceed in having an appointment fixed?!

Email is better IMO for such a type of discussions. Many of us are not
in the US or in any case in your same time-zone, so email makes it
possible for all to partecipate. This is why all project decisions and
most if not all discussions are taken in email.

If you send us here your concerns and questions we'll be happy to answer
  :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -